Saturday, March 15, 2014

#7: A Birthday in Lux

I recently turned 21 everyone! As all of my American readers will know, turning 21 means one thing, and one thing only, you are now legally able to buy and drink alcohol. In the U.S. when you turn 21 you get to go through a lovely right of passage where your friends and family buy you crazy amounts of alcohol, you drink like crazy, and then you spend the night praising the porcelain throne.

Well in my case, I was legal to buy and drink the minute I stepped off the plane here (and I will admit that I took advantage of that on more than one occasion!) So my 21st birthday here in Luxembourg didn't quite follow the same script as it would have back home. Plus I had to get up early for my internship the next morning, so that wasn't going to work out.

I had classes early in the morning, which is a bit of a drag but I do what I must. Then I spent the afternoon being a tourist. I walked around the city, taking pictures and enjoying the sites. Then I was taken out to lunch at the Chocolate House, if you're in the area definitely go there and have a hot chocolate. Afterwards I Skyped with my family back home, then had one last class for the day. I then spent the day eating tons of chocolate, which was absolutely amazing, and ended the night having cake with friends. It was a lot of fun and one of the best birthdays I've had in a while! I've met some great people who went out of their way to make it a great day!

Don't worry though, later on in the week alcohol was drank and parties were had. But with all the promises of celebration my friends back home have been making, I have reason to believe that I will be drunk the entire month of July if not the entire month of August as well. We'll have to see how my liver fairs.

4 comments:

  1. yeah, you brad, and i are on a tab for our wedding so we can get you drunk at the reception since we missed your birthday. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name's Jill and I'm a student in Luxembourg.
    In fact I got selected to study abroad at Lakeland college in 2015. By chance I found your blog.
    I was wondering if you would like to meet sometime :)
    I could show you a bit around in Luxembourg and maybe you could tell me something about Lakeland college and the area :)
    Feel free to write me on facebook.
    Greets :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jill!

      I would love to get together sometime! I can't seem to find your Facebook account and I'm not sure if you'll get this comment, so I'm trying to find your e-mail through Lakeland :) Hopefully we can get in touch soon!

      Paige

      Delete
  3. I am printing out your blog posts and will have copies available at our study abroad fair next week! Would love to get more LC students to Lux next year! Jen Siebert

    ReplyDelete