Saturday, February 15, 2014

#2: Up in the air



If you're like me and had never flown internationally before, you probably might be in a bit of a panic. But by the time my plane was taxiing down the runway, I was all smiles. It was really exciting! It's like, yes, this is really real now.

The one thing I was worried about was what I was going to do with all this time on my hands. In fact, I went and bought a battery pack that would charge my iPod without being plugged in. But I was pleased to find out that each seat had an individual screen on it and I was able to pick from a list of movies and TV shows to watch. They even had a few games you can play. I then discovered the buttons I had been pushing on my arm rest was actually part of a removable remote (if I saved you that time, you're welcome!)

So I started off watching Gravity (which is not a good movie to watch while flying..why would you let me do this to myself, Swiss airlines??). Then they served a little dinner, which was nice as far as airline food goes. It's not first class, but it was alright.

Well fast forward through Gravity, Madagascar, an episode of The Big Bang Theory, and a failed attempt at playing a game of Soduko, I fell asleep right around Greenland. (I only know that because they broadcasted our location on a little map).

When I woke up I could feel a bit of turbulence that felt more like going through a rain storm. I checked, we were above England..so go figure it was raining. So I fell asleep for another and when I woke up they were serving croissants, yogurt, and orange juice. Within an hour or two, we were landing at my first stop, Zurich airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment